Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

Taking Over

It's that time of year again when the newly potted plants start to take over every spare windowsill of the house. Fortunately we have plenty of windowsill space in the conservatory . Even so, I was still struggling to find space for everything after a busy weekend of indoor gardening, including potting up all of the plug plants that the postman keeps delivering. I really should compare notes with my good lady wife to see what she has ordered before I start browsing the gardening websites. I think we might have to extend our flower beds a bit this year...

All the seeds I planted in the propagators at the end of last month have developed nicely. I'm particularly proud of the chili seeds that I retrieved from a shriveled fruit that was clinging on to a neglected chili plant in the corner of the greenhouse. It seems that every one of the seeds has germinated so now I have 27 nicely developing baby Cayenne chili plants.


Given the weather this weekend, the only thing to do outside was to remember to water the greenhouse which is currently home to a collection of sweet peas. At least I don't have to water the rest of the garden yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment